[OpenIndiana-discuss] User roles and acting as root

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Tue Jun 14 20:35:46 UTC 2011

Up until OpenSolaris, my first and only command was some "enters" on a "#".
Just root, and just commands, for a life.
Now I had times with opensolaris wanting me to pfexec everything.
On OpenIndiana pfexec behave differently and does not run privileged as it did on OSol.
And, afterall, sudo just asks for your password once, and it's done forever....
At least for the "first" user you configure on OI.
Where is security here??