[OpenIndiana-discuss] Intel PRO/1000 CT (82574L) and maximum MTU on oi_151

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Wed Jun 15 07:34:29 UTC 2011

Marco van Lienen writes:
> solarisexpress% pfexec ifconfig e1000g0 mtu 9000
> ifconfig: setifmtu: SIOCSLIFMTU: e1000g0: Invalid argument
>
> Is there something I'm missing i.e. is there something else I need to do to
> enable jumboframes on this nic?

Look at /kernel/drv/e1000g.conf -- I don't have 11 Express running at
the moment, but if it's like S10, you need to enable jumbo frames as
described in the comments in that file.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt