[OpenIndiana-discuss] VirtualBox on OI host

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Wed Jun 15 07:54:29 UTC 2011

Hello,
a couple of years ago I was building my VMs with OpenSolaris + VirtualBox 3.x, then
I had to abandon my project because of instabilities of VB expecially whth Windows Server guests.
With a lot of sadness I had to rely on VMWare for production systems, with the drawback that
standalone VMWare hosts (the ones without a ZFS storage) cannot benefit of the ZFS filesystem on the host to make snapshots and so on.
How does VB4.x behaves on OI? Anybody uses it?
Maybe the new combination makes it a production ready approach?
Gabriele.