[OpenIndiana-discuss] hot plugging sata drives?

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Thu Jun 16 02:53:37 UTC 2011

Sorry if this is a silly question - google is not turning up anything
useful.  My cougar point sata controller supports hotplug, so I enabled it
for all 6 ports.  I decided it would be nice to test this :)  So I unplug
one of the drives and see the pool go degraded.  I plug it back in, and
after some futzing around, discover that I have to do this: cfgadm -c
configure sata0/2, and lo and behold, the drive is brought back online and
resilvered.  Not complaining, just wondering if this is the norm to have to
take manual action this way?