[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS / NFS & chown

cwjordanoi at cox.net cwjordanoi at cox.net
Mon Jun 20 11:34:18 UTC 2011

Been a while since I've done this, looks like there is a better way, you want to set the "root=" option, like:

pfexec zfs set sharenfs='rw=192.168.1.0/24,root=192.168.1.30/32' tank/share (from http://allanfeid.com/content/ultimate-file-server-opensolaris-and-zfs)

Also see share_nfs(1M) which says:

         root=access_list

             Only  root  users  from  the  hosts   specified   in
             access_list have root access. See access_list below.
             By default, no host has root access, so  root  users
             are mapped to an anonymous user ID (see the anon=uid
             option described above). Netgroups can  be  used  if
             the  file system shared is using UNIX authentication
             (AUTH_SYS).

If that doesn't do what you want, then post how you have it set up now, maybe there is something else wrong?

Chris Jordan