[OpenIndiana-discuss] [illumos-Discuss] branding for illumos/openindiana

Jamon Camisso jamonation at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 02:13:57 UTC 2011

Too bad the names nixOS and Illumix are taken.

Some celestial/mythical names:

KoreOS - Kore being another name for Persephone. There might be a bit
of a metaphorical parallel between her story and Solaris depending on
how you look at it. But what do I know..

CorOS - based on the name of Cor Caroli, a being a binary star system.
Apt considering Illumos/OI?

SiriOS - like Sirius, a star that is nearly 2x larger than our Sol.
Can OI live up to that type of name?

OberOS - Wikipedia says: Oberon is the king of all of the fairies in
William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream who is feuding with
his wife Titania, the queen of the fairies. They are fighting over a
baby that Oberon wants to raise as his henchman. Titania wants to keep
the baby because he is the child of Titania's mortal follower who
died, and she wants to raise the child for her follower.

I'm all out of OS names for now.