[OpenIndiana-discuss] multipath on by default ?

Mark mark0x01 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 07:41:53 UTC 2011

I've been battling for a week with my first sas2 implementation and am
losing badly.

It appears that the oi147 text installer has multipath enabled in the
mpt_sas.conf by default.

OI installs fine, but the kernel freezes about where the mpt_sas driver
message shows up unless I boot in single user mode first, and then to
normal.

I did try enabling multipath boot, and trying two controllers, but that
didn't help.

Add in buggy LSI 9211 firmware when using a SM chassis, and it isn't
looking good.

I'm trying to use IR firmware to get ses but may try changing that to IT
mode tomorrow.

Has anyone "been there, done that" with this combo ?

Mark.