[OpenIndiana-discuss] branding for illumos/openindiana

Didier Carlier didier at lafalise.org
Tue Jun 21 10:27:05 UTC 2011

Personal opinion : marketing is highly overrated (by marketers of course...).
OpenIndiana and Solaris 11 will succeed/fail because of their technical abilities, no pretty name will change that.

I believe a more useful job for marketers would be to better advertise these technical advantages like the fair share scheduler, crossbow, zones, zfs etc.