[OpenIndiana-discuss] [illumos-Discuss] branding for illumos/openindiana

Nikolam minikola at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 16:12:27 UTC 2011

As long as Anyone contribute a bit on some real projects and problems
, there is always room for change in some future or something over
branding.

But currently I would rather shoot myself in the foot then changing
branding in a moments mostly crucial to the distribution and core OS
future. (And crucial moments are already all the time from the
beginning - there is still to come stable OI release that could be
recommended for production use an from where wider audience could be
gathered.

I woud rather like to see X server drivers (intel) movements , Xen
support resurrected and High Availability put into the move and
software porting community refreshed with more coherent IPS publishers
hosted around.
And newcomer contributors mentoring facilities.

OI is what you get when you put uname -a and there and is already in a
number of software and scripts using it to identify platform.
I think that further changes in branding could be considered when
development community is at least 10X the present volume. (And there
IS a space for branched distributions production - a la Ubuntu,etc)

If we put $5-10 in a Jar or spend hour or two on some distribution's
coordinated effort,
- every time we got Eureka idea about branding, then I wouldn't mind
any great branding ideas.