[OpenIndiana-discuss] branding for illumos/openindiana

Constantino Voulgaris constantino.voulgaris at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 21:06:54 UTC 2011

 I would love Sol OS ( Sol being spanish for Sun, I believe also in Latin )
;)

In the immortal words of Rob Shinn  on 06/21/11 11:48:
> On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 21:11 -0400, Jake wrote:
>> I totally agree. OpenIndiana describes the distro quite well, since it is
the opensource bits of the Solaris Indiana release; but the reference is
totally lost to anyone not familiar with what OpenSolaris was.

>> I think a Sun reference would be fitting.
>>
>> EclipseOS maybe?
>
> HeliOS? ApollOS (Domain/OS? ;) ?
>
> I think all the good Sun references are already taken. :)
>
> LughOS?  BelOS? RaOS?  HathorOS?

How about FlareOS (offshoot of the Sun)