[OpenIndiana-discuss] oracle removes 32bit x86 cpu support for solaris 11 will OI do same?

Mike Gerdts mgerdts at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 15:19:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 4:05 AM, Jonathan Adams <t12nslookup at gmail.com> wrote:
> One that strikes me as odd on that list is under "OpenWindows Libraries"
>
> "... However, if required, the applications that use OpenWindows
> Libraries can be run in Oracle Solaris 10 Zones"
>
> I thought that the renumbering of zones was just that and not a
> rebranding with libraries ... in fact I was pretty certain that that
> was advised against.

"Oracle Solaris 10 Zones" are branded zones that run on Oracle Solaris
11 Express 2010.11 and the notice you cite implies will continue to
run on Solaris 11.  This is analogous to the Solaris 8 Containers and
Solaris 9 Containers products that used branded zones to run Solaris 8
and Solaris 9 userland bits on Solaris 10.

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/