[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI-151: test drive

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Jun 22 20:47:59 UTC 2011

On 06/22/11 12:37 PM, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> On 6/22/2011 3:35 PM, Alex Lam S.L. wrote:

>>> Does Ctrl-Alt-Backspace kill the X server when it's hung?  It should.
>> I actually tried that as it was the first suggestion coming back from
>> Google - didn't seem to do anything. Not even switching to a blank
>> screen like Ctrl+Alt+F1 does.
>
> That's very odd.  Has the defaults for the X server on OI been changed to ignore
> that I wonder?

More likely that OI is shipping a version of the xkeyboard-configuration
keytables after that keymapping was removed from the default set and made
optional:
	http://who-t.blogspot.com/2009/04/zapping-server.html

Unfortunately, the GNOME GUI for enabling XKB options didn't integrate to
the JDS/spec-files gate until after snv_151, so OI probably doesn't have it
yet.  Similarly the upgrade from Xorg 1.7.x to Xorg 1.9.x that enables
xorg.conf.d files didn't integrate until after that as well, or you'd be
able to just do
	ln -s ../xorg.conf.avail/90-zap.conf  /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com