[OpenIndiana-discuss] oracle removes 32bit x86 cpu support for solaris 11 will OI do same?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Jun 23 01:39:41 UTC 2011

On 06/22/11 06:03 PM, Richard L. Hamilton wrote:
> Xsun: biggie for those of us with older SPARC hardware, lacking
> Xorg graphics driver support
>
> I may be wrong, but I thing I've seen things implying that at least
> a modest effort may be made to see that Xsun runs in a branded zone
> with the proper setup, for those on such old hardware. Of course, that
> wouldn't be open source (mostly) or redistributable (at all).

I'm not sure who would be doing that - I released most of the Xsun source
as open source last year after multiple people said they'd use it to provide
continued support for the old graphics, and so far no one seems to have
done anything with it, so there seems to be very little actual interest
in doing more than talking about how nice it would be if someone else
did the work to support old graphics.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com