[OpenIndiana-discuss] Why is the middle mouse button not working in OI 148?

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Wed Mar 2 00:00:09 UTC 2011

I have a Sun Type 6 USB 3-button mouse connected to an x86 box running
OI 148.  After the upgrade from Opensolaris 134, the middle mouse
button stopped working for pasting.  It acts the same as the right
button now.  I added an entry for this mouse to the OI HCL, but it was
removed.  Shouldn't the HCL list devices that don't work?

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?  There's not much in the
Xorg log regarding the mouse:

    $ grep -i mouse /var/log/Xorg.0.log
    (==) NVIDIA(0): Silken mouse disabled
    (II) config/hal: Adding input device mouse
    (II) LoadModule: "mouse"
    (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/amd64/mouse_drv.so
    (II) Module mouse: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    (**) mouse: Protocol: VUID
    (**) mouse: always reports core events
    (II) mouse: Setting Buttons option to "3"
    (==) mouse: Emulate3Buttons, Emulate3Timeout: 50
    (**) mouse: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
    (**) mouse: Buttons: 9
    (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "mouse" (type: MOUSE)
    (**) mouse: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
    (**) mouse: (accel) acceleration profile 0
    (WW) mouse: couldn't get wheel state

As far as I know, there's no Xorg.conf file.  It's certainly not in
the locations given by the man page, although I suspect those are all
incorrect.