[OpenIndiana-discuss] [solarisx86] firefox 3.6.14

Rob McMahon robmcmahoncv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 14:38:42 UTC 2011

On 02/03/2011 11:55, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:
> Well, I have noticed that binaries from
>

> http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/4.0b12/contrib/solaris_tarball/
>
> work, while binaries from
>

> https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/4.0b12/contrib/solaris_tarball/
>

> do show the problem I mentioned in my previous message (i.e., the refresh, back, and forward
> buttons do not work).

The one from

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/4.0b12/contrib/solaris_tarball

didn't work for me.  On

                       Oracle Solaris 11 Express snv_151a X86

I get the errors:

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge": ld.so.1: firefox-bin:
fatal: libatk-bridge.so: open failed: No such file or directory
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": ld.so.1:
firefox-bin: fatal: libcanberra-gtk-module.so: open failed: No such file
or directory
ld.so.1: firefox-bin: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/lib/libgnomeui-2.so.0: symbol g_malloc0_n: referenced symbol not found

and firefox doesn't start.  The killer is this new line in run-mozilla.sh:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${NEW_PATH}/depend/lib

I thought we didn't have to play with LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Solaris,
because of the use of $ORIGIN ?  Comment that out, and it's back in
action.  No looping threads yet (which was the bane of b10-11), but it's
early days.

Rob

--
E-Mail:	Rob.McMahon at warwick.ac.uk		PHONE:  +44 24 7652 3037
Rob McMahon, IT Services, Warwick University, Coventry, CV4 7AL, England