[OpenIndiana-discuss] Setup serial console on ttyc (the third serial port)

wessels wessels147 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 22:01:57 UTC 2011

Thank you very much for looking it up. Yes grub works on com3. The
problem is that the com port used for serial-over-lan redirection by
the BMC cannot be changed. You can only change it to the physical
ports on the rear but than you loose the SOL capability. So I do need
ttyc.
What a mess. I've no choice but to setup an OpenIndiana build machine.
Download source from behind a firewall and proxy, start a build wait
hours and all for this dumb console. It does strike me odd that I
didn't find more people running into this problem. But if the whole
world was/is using Sun hardware than it's a non issue. I'll keep you
posted. And again many thanks for pointing me to the location I need
to patch, this at least saves some time. If it works a patch to
Illumos would be appropriate I guess.

As always any suggestions are more than welcome