[OpenIndiana-discuss] Setup serial console on ttyc (the third serial port)

Andrew Gabriel illumos at cucumber.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 3 10:55:08 UTC 2011

I'm wondering if your system has actually identified com3 at all.
Is it configured in the BIOS on i/o address 3E8 (as com3 should be)?
When you have the system booted, is there actually a /dev/ttyc
and a /dev/term/c, and if so, do the links point to
/devices/pci at 0,0/isa at 1/asy at 1,3e8:c ?

If it's not there, then Solaris has not found com3 in the ACPI
tables, and won't know the system has a com3 port.

--
Andrew