[OpenIndiana-discuss] anyone done a HP DL160G5 install?

Brett Dikeman brett.dikeman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 22:51:24 UTC 2011

I can't for the life of me seem to get OpenIndiana text install, on
either USB or CDROM, to boot further than keyboard/language selection.
 Usually I get 'silence' from the console after "Configuring devices",
but now I'm staring at a stream of bus timeout errors on ata0.  I did
a BIOS update Just In Case, but no improvement...

The only thing different from usual: an Intel SSD hanging off a Syba
SATA PCI-E card.  I'm now trying the install with that removed...