[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris Express server name broadcast

Robert Soubie robert.soubie at free.fr
Sat Mar 5 17:31:39 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have built a ZFS homeserver for Windows machines using Solaris Express
11; also a non-ZFS backup machine using Windows 7 and big disks
concatenated under a RAID controller.

The backup program I am using does not "see" the network ZFS server,
because apparently, SEx 11 does not broadcast its name. Currently, the
server (\\SEx_ZFS) has been mapped to a drive letter, "Z:", and this is
what I backup.

How can I have the server broadcast its name?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

--
Éditions de l'Âge d'Or — Stanley G. Weinbaum
http://www.lulu.com/robert_soubie