[OpenIndiana-discuss] [illumos-Developer] SES support for Super Micro chassises?

McBofh james.c.mcpherson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 22:37:17 UTC 2011

On 10/03/11 06:19 AM, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

> We have a few Super Micro machines, and form what I can see, there is
> little SES support for these machines. What will it take to make
> luxadm etc work for thise machines?

For starters you need to find out what the SES process inside
the chassis supports. To do that you can start by querying the
ses node with the SCSI command RECEIVE DIAGNOSTIC RESULTS,with
the pagecode set to 0x00.

This will give you a list of the supported pagecodes, and then
you can match up the capabilities with what is defined in SES2
or SES3.

 From there it should not be too hard to add support for the
enclosure(s) to $SRC/lib/scsi. Once you've got that info, eschrock
might have a spare cycle to assist you.

cheers,
McB