[OpenIndiana-discuss] physmem option broken

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Fri Mar 11 19:28:25 UTC 2011

Hi all

It seems the physmem option in /etc/system and as given to the kernel boot is broken. Booting a system with physmem set to something lower than its actual size fails to give any message, and the system has its full amount of memory available. Same applies to using kernel options (-B physmem=xxx). The latter shows a warning in the kernel log that memory has been limited, but tools like 'top' show the full amount of memory. I fist saw this on OI148, but later checked if the issue was reproducable in S11ex, which it was.

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
(+47) 97542685
roy at karlsbakk.net
http://blogg.karlsbakk.net/
--
I all pedagogikk er det essensielt at pensum presenteres intelligibelt. Det er et elementært imperativ for alle pedagoger å unngå eksessiv anvendelse av idiomer med fremmed opprinnelse. I de fleste tilfeller eksisterer adekvate og relevante synonymer på norsk.