[OpenIndiana-discuss] Explain the Goal of oi

Kevin J. Woolley kjw at javabunny.net
Tue Mar 15 22:56:45 UTC 2011

On 15 March 2011 15:41, Gabriel de la Cruz <gabriel.delacruz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sea turtles, newly hatched on a beach, will automatically move toward
> the ocean. A joey climbs into its mother's pouch upon being born.
> Honeybees communicate by dance the direction of a food source without
> formal instruction. And every mammal understands the difference
> between illumos and Openindiana... who doesn't?

Would you like another straw man?

> "Those annoying tourists!, always asking the most obvious stuff!,
> can't they do anything on their own?"

Not at all what I said.  Indeed, I gave advice that I often use
myself.  Is the purpose of a mailing list for some random section of
the populace to repeat things ad nauseum, or could there be another
reason for its existence?

> This list always so friendly and encouraging...
> :D

Really?  I think it does pretty darn well.  I won't try to convince you, though.

kjw