[OpenIndiana-discuss] Updating Java on OpenIndiana

Anil replicase at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 02:05:23 UTC 2011

You could just download a JDK/JRE to /usr/local, and then set your JAVA_HOME
or whatever properties to use the newer Java in /usr/local.

Which application are you needing a newer Java version for? You could also
get firefox to use a local java from plugins:
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/linux_install.xml#enable

(sorry that is for "Linux", but same enough ... first thing I found on
google).

Anil
Entic.net
Solaris