[OpenIndiana-discuss] For a basic dev environment

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Thu Mar 17 00:48:30 UTC 2011

"Kevin J. Woolley" <kjw at javabunny.net> writes:

> On 16 March 2011 16:27, Harry Putnam <reader at newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>> When I was running opensolaris 101, up to 133 before switching to oi,
>> there used to be a basic set of pkgs one needed installed to have a basic
>> developmental environment.  I mean just enough to do basic compile
>> from source of gnus pkgs and the like.
>>
>> Is that still true with oi?  If so can anyone say what the pkg[s] are?
>
> ss-dev will give you a SunStudio-based environment with the Sun
> compilers.  gcc-dev should give you a GCC 3.4-based environment, IIRC.

Thanks,

Running pkg search -l gcc-dev
I see:
  INDEX       ACTION VALUE                PACKAGE
  incorporate depend gcc-dev at 0.5.11-0.133 \
    pkg:/consolidation/sfw/sfw-incorporation at 0.5.11-0.147

-------        ---------       ---=---       ---------      --------
Then running:

# pkg search sfw-incorporation

  INDEX      ACTION VALUE                                      PACKAGE
  pkg.fmri   set   openindiana.org/consolidation/sfw/sfw-incorporation \
                  pkg:/consolidation/sfw/sfw-incorporation at 0.5.11-0.147

I haven't run into this kind of output before...
man pkg shows quite a few hits on incorporated... but after browsing
thru them, I still didn't get what it meant in the above ouput.

I mean in so far as how to get the pkgs installed. Or what they are
called now...