[OpenIndiana-discuss] Proxy for auto-updates?

Eric D. Mudama edmudama at bounceswoosh.org
Fri Mar 18 08:16:46 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 16 at 15:31, Kevin J. Woolley wrote:
>On 16 March 2011 15:26, David <nonot100 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 1) I can't even launch these applications of a fresh install, since
>> the GUI is prompting me for a root password, but no root password is
>> created during the install process.  This appears to be true for many
>> admin applets.  (Plus, I would have assumed it would use "gksudo" or
>> some equivalent, but it does not.)
>
>In oi_147 you could fix this by doing a 'su -', giving the password
>you used during the installation, and resetting the password when
>prompted (because root's password was expired).  I'm not sure if
>that's the case in 148 or 148a.  Might be worth a shot, though.

I did a download & install of oi_148 2 nights ago, and this bug is
still present.

Somewhere during the installation process it told me the root passwd
was the same as the first user's password, but I can't remember
exactly at which step it happened.

edmudama at andromeda:~$ uname -a
SunOS andromeda 5.11 oi_148 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris

--eric

--
Eric D. Mudama
edmudama at bounceswoosh.org