[OpenIndiana-discuss] [illumos-Developer] Unable to boot OpenIndiana on my dell studio 1450

Kevin J. Woolley kjw at javabunny.net
Mon Mar 21 02:05:39 UTC 2011

On 20 March 2011 17:55, kunal <kunal.t2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/21/2011 03:16 AM, ken mays wrote:
>>
>> What version of OI are you using?
>>
> I have tried with OI b147 and b148 . Also , OpenSolaris version* also hang
> while booting.
> Though Solaris 10 u 6 boots and lands me up in the installer dialogues.

I've been able to boot the oi_148a live CD without issue on my Dell
Studio 1458 (Core i5-430M, 8GB RAM, Centrino 6250 wifi, Creative SB X
audio).  bge0 had no issues and everything else was detected, save for
the thermal monitoring and EHCI.  I haven't any spare HDD space or I'd
try booting a full installation.

If you haven't tried oi_148a (the Illumos-based one), give it a shot.
It just may do the trick.

Cheers,

kjw