[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana hosting advocating?

Deano deano at rattie.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 24 19:08:38 UTC 2011

Hi,

Do you think there is a market for it beyond the very good hosts already
available?

Entic offer cloud hosting options based on OI. They have flexible cloud
servers in the US and EU.

Alasdaiir's company Everycity also do OI managed hosting.
Everycity host most (all?) of the OpenIndiana infrastructure (including this
list), so you can see the quality.

Cloud Pixies don't advertise general hosting, but are in the hosting field
(backups are our specialty). I've considered offering OI hosting but TBH
never been able to convince myself that there is a market for it... Maybe
I'm wrong?

I'd say the first thing anybody advocating it to do, would be to do some
research that their market that isn't already served by the existing hosting
companies who offer OI.
Otherwise it would be a hard sell to any other hosting companies.

HTH,
Deano
deano at cloudpixies.com