[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI boot problem

GUY WOOLLEY guy.woolley at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 27 09:44:22 UTC 2011

Apologies - I overlooked the update-archive thing before rebooting. Things are different now, though not yet right.

I follow your set of commands, then do
pfexec bootadm update-archive -R /a

export rpool and shut down.

On restarting and pointing at the the harddisk (not usb), the line grubstage2 flashes by, there is some problem and then it jumps to trying to load the live image, and says it can't mount the selected partition, press any key to continue.

If I do that I get the bright blue grub screen for the live usb image options which I can edit. If I edit in the command list from my original menu.lst and try to boot I get

findroot (pool_rpool,1,a)
File not found

That seems to be the nub of it.

What next ?