[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI boot problem

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Mon Mar 28 13:51:00 UTC 2011

Nikola M. writes:
> Do you support any change from the way that it is done now by default?
> How about proposed by Guido:
> > If you really care we could create some shutdown/halt/reboot
> > wrappers in /usr/gnu/bin which just call /usr/bin/shutdown with
> > the appropriate options, should be simple.

i certainly would not mind.  I have /usr/gnu/bin somewhere at the
end of my $PATH anyway. :-)  Or maybe "/usr/linuxcompat" or something
like that...

Gary Gendel writes:
> So we could make this an "install-time" option.  It should provide a
> nice big warning that doing this may break applications written for
> (Open)Solaris.  If they still want to go forward then they have been
> dutifully warned.

Yes.  This could be in a separate package.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt