[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI boot problem

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 17:23:49 UTC 2011

> I fail to see the benefit of changing well-known behaviour in an
> incompatible way. Change for the sake of change may be chique for
> fashion items, but not necessarily a good thing in a server-grade OS.

Hey but that's exactly another problem: this is not a server OS only.
The graphics and audio drivers have nothing to do with servers
but they are extremely important for desktop users. This server
attitude is what has destroyed Sun. Microsoft and Apple sell
desktops...

A.S.

Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece