[OpenIndiana-discuss] zfs incremental send?

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 09:04:31 UTC 2011

probably won't help you, but we ZFS send to a local file, transfer the
file with rsync (rsync can work with part transferred files, also if
you use the rsyncd a riverbed can optimise/remember the connection)
and then at the other end zfs receive the file.

We have a large number of ZFS streams from a reasonable number of
sites, I wrote a perl script to watch and replay at the receiving end.