[OpenIndiana-discuss] [zfs-discuss] zfs incremental send?

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 16:22:27 UTC 2011

Not sure what you're trying to say.

"zfs send snapshot | zfs receive filesystem"

produced no filesystem when I killed the job prematurely after copying 1+ GB which makes good sense.  Far better not to create a munged filesystem.  Note I tried this w/ S10 U8.

I certainly encountered no problems starting and stopping the job or when I killed it.

I wonder if your problem wasn't the pool "failmode=" setting.  I had a panic w/ zfs 4 when I accidentally dropped power to the USB disk I was writing to.  Rattled me pretty badly.

Have Fun!
Reg