[OpenIndiana-discuss] zfs snapshot script

Jamon Camisso jamonation at gmail.com
Sun May 1 20:34:14 UTC 2011

On 05/01/2011 02:10 PM, Dan Swartzendruber wrote:

> Can zfssnap role be restricted to specific filesystems?  If not, I'd be
> concerned about allowing too much power...

If that's an issue (I have no idea, haven't investigated), one option
would be to match users in sshd_config and use the ForceCommand
directive to limit acccess to a particular script that would run the
snapshot command(s).

That is one way to achieve the intended functionality while limiting the
remote backup user to running a single command or script on backup
completion.

Regards, Jamon