[OpenIndiana-discuss] Open Indiana b148 on HP Proliant N36L miniserver?

Gary gdriggs at gmail.com
Thu May 12 17:23:54 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 6:41 AM, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:

> Will OI 148 work OK on this little box?

It should -- I've actually posted that in the past as a possible ideal
candidate for ZFS since it has ECC memory. But I haven't heard from
anyone that's tried it yet. At home I already have a  D-Link NAS that
runs Linux on a Marvell Orion ARM SoC. Had I seen the N36L before
buying it I would have chosen the HP system instead. The important
thing to find out is whether its onboard RAID controller will present
the disks individually to the OS or not. On the rackmount DL380 & 360
series I've had to install Promise cards and remove the card that HP
shipped. But they may use completely different chip sets for the N36L
so it's worth contacting support before buying if you want ZFS to
manage your disks individually.

-Gary