[OpenIndiana-discuss] Update info?

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Wed May 18 15:44:41 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 13:08 +0100, Jonathan Adams wrote:
> > How do I "check oi_148(b)/IPS"?  When I try adding package repo dev-il
> > it seems to rather instead modify standard dev repo to whatever I used
> > for new dev-il name and still point to standard dev repo regardless of
> > me having specified dev-il, as per the 148b wiki page here:
> >
> > http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/oi_148b
> >
> the "dev-il" repository does replace the standard "dev" repository ...
> you then do an image-update on it and you should have IllumOS as your
> kernel
>
> Attached is the output from when I "upgraded"

This was a fresh install of 148b.  The default repository pointed to

http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev/

Per the wiki page noted above, I read that it should be pulling from

http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev-il/

I tried changing via Package Manager gui and got the results I reported.
When I try from the command line, I get errors about insufficient
privileges:

> kvg at athena:~$ pfexec pkg set-publisher -O http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev-il oi-dev-il
> pkg set-publisher:
> Could not operate on /var/pkg/lock
> because of insufficient permissions. Please try the command again using pfexec
> or otherwise increase your privileges.

If I try to check my privileges via System>Administration>Users and
Groups, my root password is denied.

When I go straight to su, results are consistent with gui, only more
verbose explanation:

> kvg at athena:~$ su
> Password:
> kvg at athena:~# pkg set-publisher -O http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev-il oi-dev-il
> pkg set-publisher:
> One or more of the repository origin(s) listed below contains package data for openindiana.org; not oi-dev-il:
>
> http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev-il/
>
> This is either because one of the repository origins is not valid for this publisher, or because the list of known publishers retrieved from the repository origin does not match the client.

Myabe I'm being brain dead here but unfortunately it appears I'm finding  quite a few glitches on a fresh install of 148b.

--
Ken Gunderson <kgunders at teamcool.net>