[OpenIndiana-discuss] 148b Gnome Workplace Switcher Glitch

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Wed May 18 16:45:39 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 12:56 +0200, Guido Berhoerster wrote:
> * Ken Gunderson <kgunders at teamcool.net> [2011-05-17 21:30]:
> > I'm not subscribed to oi-dev and short on time so will post here.
> > Testing 148b I note that mouse wheeling over gnome switcher does not
> > change desktops.  Until, I right click and go to preferences.  At which
> > time it crashes and prompts for reload.  After which switcher now
> > responds to mouse wheel scrolling.  This is repeatable.
>
> Does this only happen with 148b? There should be no difference
> between gnome-applets in 148 and 148b. Anyway, please file a bug
> at https://www.illumos.org/projects/openindiana/issues. It would
> also be helpful if you included a backtrace from the crash there.

I don't have a Redmine account at present and posted here and oi-dev per
Ken Mays advice in recent "Update info" thread.  Busy boy here and
wanted to get a head's up out sooner rather than in event someone was
spinning a release.

I did a fresh install of 148b and have been testing it as replacement
for my seriously outdated, but jfw OS-2009.06.  I've not had time to
delve into it much yet, but I seem to be running across quite a few
minor glitches.  Hopefully I'll get some time to do so later today.

--
Ken Gunderson <kgunders at teamcool.net>