[OpenIndiana-discuss] Gnome to become a Linux only project

Ben Taylor bentaylor.solx86 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 13:25:07 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Apostolos Syropoulos
<asyropoulos at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have read the following
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OTQ1Nw
>

> Are they serious? I think we should seriously consider abandoning GNOME
> and replace it with KDE.
>
> A.S.

Think a Redhat guy might have an axe to grind with Oracle, given the most recent
attempts by the RH kernel to stiffle by ofuscation the changes they
made to RH kernel
to prevent Oracle from bundling up the changes in their unbreakable product.

It really is the antithesis of open source.  hope he chokes on his
triple expresso.