[OpenIndiana-discuss] Gnome to become a Linux only project

Gary gdriggs at gmail.com
Thu May 19 22:08:49 UTC 2011

Perhaps it would help if I read more of the actual email thread but
what I read quoted on Phoronix left me with a different impression.
What I understood is that the author is suggesting they create a GNOME
centric OS based around the Linux kernel. It could seem then that
their current efforts to keep it OS independent _may_ be left behind
as a result but that's still assuming all their devs agree that's a
sound choice going forward. Who's crazy enough to start a new OS
distro these days? ;)

For what it's worth, I'm rather fond of LXDE for its minimal use of
system resources; http://lxde.org/lxde#System_Requirements

-Gary