[OpenIndiana-discuss] Gnome to become a Linux only project

Allan E. Registos allan.registos at smpc.steniel.com.ph
Fri May 20 01:17:55 UTC 2011

On Thursday, 19 May, 2011 07:50 PM, Dick Hoogendijk wrote:
> Op 19-5-2011 13:23 schreef Apostolos Syropoulos:
>> I have read the following
>>
>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OTQ1Nw
>>
>> Are they serious? I think we should seriously consider abandoning GNOME
>> and replace it with KDE.
Yes they are serious, IMO, your link stated the reasons, you only need
to accept it.

> If he gets followers I think they're gone nuts. It will be the end of
> Gnome, I predict. ;-)

Your prediction is wrong. The end of GNOME if ever will, can be
attributed to the fate of GNOME Shell or GNOME3, not of what you think.
As it has been said, it is free software and can be ported to any OS out
there. The Linux ecosystem who supported GNOME is very healthy, so it
will stay for sure.

Regards,
Allan