[OpenIndiana-discuss] compiling qt4 with gcc

Dustin Marquess dmarquess at gmail.com
Mon May 23 17:26:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Apostolos Syropoulos
<asyropoulos at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Now, I believe that if the system is going to include the gcc
> compiler (I mean a recent version not the ancient one...),
> then this compiler must be compiled so to use GNU ld and GNU as.

Sadly while Nokia seems to want gld/gas, the GCC docs specifically
recommend using the Sun linker (ld) and the GNU assembler (gas):

http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#ix86-x-solaris210

So a system-wide gcc should probably follow the GCC docs.

-Dustin