[OpenIndiana-discuss] Update info?

Guido Berhoerster gber at openindiana.org
Mon May 23 19:37:24 UTC 2011

* Dan Swartzendruber <dswartz at druber.com> [2011-05-23 21:15]:

> Forgive me if this is a silly question: reading this thread about
> dev-il vs dev repositories, what is the relevance (if any) for a
> random user like me?  Are the updates we've been told are upcoming
> germane to this, or is that unrelated?

pkg.oi.o/dev-il is currently used as a staging repository for
/dev, it can at times contain completely untested new bits or
transitional builds and is mostly intended for OI developers.
/dev contains our development releases (currently oi_148, soon
to be updated to oi_151) which have at least received some
limited testing and are intended for a broader audience.
--
Guido Berhoerster