[OpenIndiana-discuss] Update info?

Allan E. Registos allan.registos at smpc.steniel.com.ph
Tue May 24 08:29:30 UTC 2011

>From: "LinuxBSDos.com" <finid at linuxbsdos.com>
>
>How many of those distros that are not based on Ubuntu can you name?
>
>Remember that we are talking about using sudo instead of the root account
>system, not just having sudo installed as an application.
>
>List as many as you can and I'll still be able to prove that "most of the
>distros using sudo are derived from Ubuntu" is a statement of fact.

As per *distro* I mean not derived from Ubuntu *confusion*. It is quite normal that Ubuntu derivatives like Linux Mint will not change the default security of Ubuntu, for improving the usability of Ubuntu is their common goal. And that other *distros* like Redhat derivatives and others are not using sudo the way Ubuntu does. It is not that these distros imitated Ubuntu's sudo, which is quite untrue, they did not change it. I cannot find any reason to call Ubuntu derivatives as *distros* that were using sudo the way Ubuntu does, and then post it here, for it is obvious, those derivatives did not change the default sudo implementation of Ubuntu, so what's the point?

The statement of fact here is that some of us are annoyed of the most popular Linux distro at distrowatch, I don't know why, for despite of its shortcomings, it is useful in the desktop, am not using it on server. So to make OI good on the desktop is for you to start porting those popular applications in Linux rather than whining and FUD'ng against Ubuntu aside from your OI admin tasks.

Regards,
Allan