[OpenIndiana-discuss] Update info?

Open Indiana openindiana at out-side.nl
Tue May 24 13:41:30 UTC 2011

I haven't ever understood the term "SUDO". They told me it stands for "Super
User DO", but if I searched the usergroups and usernames on the OS there was
no SUPERUSER to find anywhere.

There is basically only 1 admin or root account that can and may control the
whole OS. The way the admin is treated inside Windows vista, XP and 2008 is
IMHO very annoying.

I AM the ADMIN and since I AM the ADMIN I do KNOW what I am doing. Don't ask
me if I really, really, really want to do this or that. If I wasn't sure
then someone made a mistake to give me the admin rights.

IMHO if someone needs to do something that has to be done with admin rights,
he/she should log in as admin or root and act like one.
I think a lot of security things are created to prevent the user from
thinking. It is like when I want to use my cars GPS-system, it always warns
me that the roads are not completely sure and I may not watch the screen the
whole time. I really hate that American "don't sue us" policy.