[OpenIndiana-discuss] Update info?

Allan E. Registos allan.registos at smpc.steniel.com.ph
Wed May 25 00:12:58 UTC 2011

Kenderson: For the record, I did not say it is the best. Distrowatch is neutral on that issue methinks.

>Ubuntu has buzz, and it's intended as seamless as
>possible transition for Winblows users. Hence, lot's of said users are
>hearing about it and downloading for a test drive.

Yes = Windows users -> Linux users -> BSD/Solaris users. So be friendly to Linux users please.

>I think OI, and indeed, all OS platform should place a higher premium on
>values such as reliability, robustness, security, performant, etc.
>rather than the number of downloads by relatively low tech users.
>Unless your hidden FOSS agenda is to create a revenue stream by
>providing support contracts to said lower tech users.

Low tech vs. high tech is highly subjective when talking of Operating Systems and the application it supports.

Regards,
Allan