[OpenIndiana-discuss] Update info?

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Wed May 25 00:28:55 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, May 25, 2011 08:20 AM, Allan E. Registos wrote:
> +1.
> Be friendly to Linux users(me a Linux user), as these are the people that will often convert to BSD and Solaris/OI. I think most enterprise data centers nowadays are a hive of heterogeneous technologies.

I came from Linux over the OpenSolaris too but I did not expect people
to hold my hand. Being friendly should not mean being willing to hold
hand of critical whiner. Even within Linux you get people who won't
touch certain distros because the toolchains are different and that's
usually because they were not willing to learn about those new
toolchains/system scripts but you won't see deb distro guys going out of
their way to make things familiar for rpm distro users and vice versa.