[OpenIndiana-discuss] Documentation-Project

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Thu May 26 14:08:28 UTC 2011

The Sphinx project ( http://sphinx.pocoo.org/ ) has been running since
2008 and seems to be actively maintained. It requires Python 2.4
(minimum) and a few extra Python libs:
http://sphinx.pocoo.org/intro.html#prerequisites

sites at: http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/ and
http://www.florian-diesch.de/doc/python-und-glade/online/ use sphinx
in what appears to me to be a good way ...

There are others out there that use Sphinx in a bad way IMHO.

I don't know if this is the way that the website guys want to go, or
even whether it's flexible enough or not.

Jon