[OpenIndiana-discuss] NTPD and PPM issues?

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Fri May 27 19:32:45 UTC 2011

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

> It may be the only one which _notices_ it's having this issue.
> Like it may be the only one which notices if a disk returns a
> corrupted block.
> You didn't say what the other OS's are.

Sorry, I should have provided more information.

VM #1: OpenIndiana.  Running ntpd version 4.2.5 - PPM messages seen.
VM #2: Ubuntu 10.10.  Running ntpd version 4.2.4 - no messages seen.
VM #3: FreeBSD 8.2.  Running ntpd version 4.2.4 - no message seen.

Another point: this is on a quad-core 3.2ghz xeon.  Very lightly loaded.