[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS storage best practices

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Fri May 27 21:17:59 UTC 2011

Thanks a lot for your suggestions :) I'll make my tests ;)
About the backups, these are arguments for another discussion, later ;)
About duplicating, I mean: if I need to have zfs on mirrors/ridez, it's ok if the storage does this.
Then, if my Solaris host connects via iscsi, that iscsi resource will be single, and if I want to do
zfs (zfs over zfs...is this ok??), I won't have a replication at this level, unless I share 2 iscsi resources
and make another mirror/raidz on them....again eating disk space...