[OpenIndiana-discuss] FD_SETSIZE

Ben Taylor bentaylor.solx86 at gmail.com
Sat May 28 14:48:15 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 10:10 AM, Apostolos Syropoulos
<asyropoulos at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Alan Coopersmith has posted the following in his blog:
>

> http://blogs.oracle.com/alanc/entry/there_i_fixed_it
>

> The question is why FD_SETSIZE takes the value 65536 in the 64bit model?

I would assume that whoever changed did not understand the implications
of changing FD_SETSIZE from 1024 to 65536.  Source code revision history
may indicate why

> What would happen if the default value would be, say, 2048?

Sounds like a reasonable value,  and represents 64MB of cache,
as opposed to 2G for 65536 FDs.