[OpenIndiana-discuss] e2fsprogs header file bug

Andrey N. Oktyabrski ano at bestmx.ru
Fri Nov 4 08:06:20 UTC 2011

On 03.11.11 16:22, James Carlson wrote:
> Andrey N. Oktyabrski wrote:
>> More about e2fsprogs. Now from the pkgsrc. There is a same bug as here:
>> http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=45499
>>
>> Is it correct to expect ifr_hwaddr member in ifreq structure if
>> SIOCGIFHWADDR defined?
>
> It might be correct on some platforms.  It wouldn't be correct on
> OpenIndiana, because it doesn't exist on that one.  In other words, the
> application needs to be ported.
>
> I believe that ioctl only works on PF_PACKET sockets, and requires the
> use of sockaddr_ll.  See:
>
> http://arc.opensolaris.org/caselog/PSARC/2009/232/pfp-psarc.txt

What solution would be correct?
1. Check it in the "configure" stage:
if ${OPSYS} == "SunOS" then #undef SIOCGIFHWADDR in config.h

In this case the software developers must do it in the "configure" script.

2. Remove the SIOCGIFHWADDR definition from Illumos/OI headers while it
don't work.

In this case Illumos/OI developers must correct header files.

P.S. I can't understand, why e2fsprogs want any network-related
headers... Of course, this question is for e2fsprogs developers.